- Archfiends (Promoted from Tier 3)
- Aliens (Demoted from Tier 2)
- Cyber Angels
- Magnet Warriors
- Red-Eyes Zombies (Demoted from Tier 2)
- Sea Stealth Attack (Demoted from Tier 2)
Top Player Council Thoughts
- Although we had no competitive side-deck events this week, the KC Cup was still a strong test of the top-tier decks and we have adjusted the tier list accordingly.
The Tier 1 decks have all proved themselves conclusively at this point, absolutely dominating the KC cup after strong representation in MCS VII last week. Masked Heroes have insane draw power and flexibility, Geargias have access to one of the strongest turn 1 boards in the game (Loading... + Loading... ), and Sylvans got a new toy in Grit , allowing their strong comeback and special summoning mechanics to shine. Of these, Geargias are the closest to Tier 2.
TPC comments on Masked Heroes: “HEROs have proven to be versatile and powerful, with the Fusion build consistently setting up Loading... every turn to easily draw into those Loading... s and being able to explode into an OTK out of nowhere. This solidifies this deck as a solid Tier 1 deck.”
TPC comments on Geargias: “Geargias are extremely strong, and is probably the strongest deck going first. However, it falls flat when it doesn't pull Ties on turn 1, and drawing the second and third copies is a huge momentum killer. It is also overly reliant on going first, as going second in the Sylvan match-up can mean quick death.”
TPC comments on Sylvans: “Sylvans are sill a huge problem and with Grit becoming so popular in the KC cup, there's another layer of RNG to deal with. The deck matches up well against Geargias and it can hold its own against HEROs if they don't draw Loading... .”
Archfiends have been promoted to Tier 2, following the KC Cup (and our predictions from last week). Although it was not a side-deck event, the KC Cup proved that of the non-Tier 1 decks, Archfiends are one of the very few that can hang with the dominant decks of the meta. Consistency remains an issue, but having lockdown cards like Loading... against HEROs is very valuable.
- TPC comments “Archfiends have proven to be very strong in the meta, having a favorable match-up against basically all of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 decks. Sylvans get destroyed and HEROs find it hard to beat over a 3000 ATK Emperor without ECon (and Invader of Darkness can be teched in to completely dominate that match-up). Geargias hate the hard removal of Emperor and find it hard to deal with Cavalry and Empress. The main weakness of the deck is consistency, but this is honestly one of the best decks right now.”