Archfiends focus around using large boss monsters that can be special summoned via the grave. These bosses focus on overpowering your opponent while simultaneously depleting their resources. As the archetype currently functions, it plays almost exclusively from the grave and not as much from the hand itself. Archfiends can build some of the most imposing fields in the current game if they open well and mill properly.
Needlebug Nest Build by Whybona May 5, 2018
- 3 x Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror
- 3 x Call of the Archfiend
- 3 x Archfiend’s Roar
- 3 x Needlebug Nest
- 2-3 x Archfiend Empress
- 3 x Archfiend Cavalry
- 0-2 x Invader of Darkness
- 0-2 x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
- 0-2 x Fiend Griefing
- Archfiends boast 2 of the biggest bosses in the current meta and really shine against decks weak to monster removal.
- If played correctly and moves are properly planned in advance, Archfiends can absolutely devastate any opponent they encounter.
- Archfiends may have increased ladder viability this month due to the 5k lp value. This means Card of the Soul can be ran in Restart and Balance builds to quickly pull Emperor/Empress from the deck. Additionally, it is worth noting that Emperor plus Trance Archfiend that has used its effect that turn hits the 5k threshold and is capable of otk in this format.
- DDR has provided support to Archfiends in the current format because it allows for a 1 turn OTK push while adding GY fuel.
- Gold Sarcophagus has given fiends the ability to use the balance skill more effectively in the 5K lp format, and has provided a pseudo engine to the banish zone. When paired with DDR or Escape, sarcophagus allows us to send any boss monster straight from the deck with a reliable way to special summon it.