Vendreads are a Ritual-focused archetype whose main line of play is to give their Ritual monsters quick-effects to banish their opponent’s cards. The Vendread Ritual monsters, mainly Revendread Slayer, also float into additional resources when destroyed, often giving strong follow-up plays if their original monsters are dealt with (or die because of Revendread Evolution). Vendread Nights offers considerable consistency boosting and the cost of pitching a card to the grave is mitigated by the unique ability of the Vendread Ritual spells to summon from the graveyard. Additional effects like the targeting protection offered by Vendread Core and the recycling of Vendread Anima are nice searchable tools that the deck has at its disposal depending on the match-up. Alongside Slayer, the main Ritual monsters are Revendread Executor and Vendread Battlelord, the former offering blanket board protection in a 3000 ATK body and the latter being a way to plow through your opponents’ boards even without any of the bestowed effects.
Average size: 21 cards
- Revendread Slayer – 3x in 80%• 2x in 20%
- Revendread Executor – 2x in 60%• 3x in 40%
- Vendread Nights – 2x in 60%• 3x in 40%
- Black Rose Dragon – 1x in 60%• 0x in 40%
- Shiranui Squiresaga – 1x in 60%• 0x in 40%
- Samurai Destroyer – 1x in 60%• 0x in 40%
- Glow-Up Bloom – 2x in 40%• 0x in 40%
• 3x in 20%
- Sonic Bird – 1x in 40%• 2x in 40%
• 0x in 20%
- Master of Rites II: 100%
automated based on the last few weeks of KoG + tournament decks
1st Place – Anytime Tournament – March 17, 2020 – eli
- The search effects of Revendread Slayer and Vendread Battlelord activates no matter how they hit the grave, that means if they die because of the effects of Revendread Evolution or you use them as tribute for a ritual summon you get to search for a ritual spell or monster, however this does not apply to Revendread Executor, he has to be destroyed by your opponent.
- Effects that flip your Revendread monster down like Paleozoic Canadia or Floodgate Trap Hole and effects that make them leave the field like World Legacy Clash will make them lose the effects that they gained from the non-ritual monsters used for their summoning.
- The effect that your ritual monsters gain from tributing is a soft once per turn so for example if you have 2 monsters that used Vendread Houndhorde as a tribute you can banish 2 Spell/Traps per turn but the non-ritual monsters ability to give extra effects is a hard once per turn, so if you summon 2 ritual monsters both using Houndhorde as a tribute the second one won’t gain his ability.
- To special summon a ritual monster from the grave or banish pile with effects such as Vendread Anima first they need to be ritual summoned onto the field properly.