Neos is an aggressive control deck utilizing strong anti-meta normal summons and techs in tandem with Neos Fusion to summon their boss monster Elemental HERO Brave Neos. Neos decks are equipped with a variety of level four or lower effect monsters that serve as both fuel for Neos Fusion while their effects are used for disrupting the opponent or for generating card advantage. Elemental HERO Brave Neos searches spells and traps that list Elemental HERO Neos in its card text upon destroying an opponent’s monster by battle. This allows the deck to search for appropriate follow-up plays including additional Neos Fusion or Miracle Contact. Neos decks excel in preserving their board, using Neos Fusion’s graveyard effect to protect Brave Neos, as well as applying pressure by following up with additional Neos Fusion for protected high level beatsticks or with a toolbox of attribute specific Elemental HERO fusion monsters to maintain board presence.
Average size: 20 cards
- Neo Space!: 88%
automated based on the last few weeks of KoG + tournament decks
- Neos Fusion restricts the user from special summoning monsters after it resolves. Make sure any additional fusion summons you want to perform are done so BEFORE activating Neos Fusion.
- Neos Fusion’s graveyard effect only protects fusion monsters that specifically list Elemental HERO Neos. It does not work on attribute specific Elemental HERO fusion monsters.
- Neos Fusion does not protect from effects that send to the graveyard such as Karakuri Ninja mdl 339 “Sazank” nor does it stop the opponent from tributing them away with a Lava Golem.
- If Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon or Armades, Keeper of Boundaries declares an attack, you can still banish Neos Fusion to protect your fusion monster from destruction.
- Neos Fusion can protect multiple Neos fusion monsters from being destroyed if they’re destroyed at the same time. For example, you can protect two Elemental HERO Brave Neos from being destroyed by Treacherous Trap Hole by banishing a single Neos Fusion from the graveyard.
- While Lava Golem prevents you from normal summoning that turn, you can still use the fusion spells to fusion summon from the extra deck. This is frequently used in the Six Samurai matchup by tributing Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En and Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi for Lava Golem in defense position followed by a fusion summon for Brave Neos. Brave Neos can attack over Lava Golem and search a follow-up Neos spell or trap (usually Neos Fusion or Miracle Contact).
- You cannot send Lava Golem to the graveyard using Neos Fusion but you can use it as a material for Elemental HERO Nova Master by using Polymerization.
- If a Parasite Paracide is shuffled into your deck by Parasite Infestation, Neos Fusion can send the parasite to your opponent’s graveyard as material for a fusion monster.