Metaphys is an archetype that revolves around banishing its own monsters, and gaining effects when those monsters are shuffled back into the deck or special summoned. The core card of the deck is Metaphys Dimension, which banishes any card your opponent controls when one of your Metaphys cards gets banished. Although very versatile, Metaphys is a slow, controlled deck that can dominate other control decks but fall short against more aggressive strategies.
Average size: 20 cards
- Metaphys Tyrant Dragon – 2x in 75%• 3x in 25%
- Gold Sarcophagus – 2x in 50%• 0x in 38%
• 1x in 13%
- Paleozoic Canadia – 3x in 38%• 0x in 50%
• 2x in 13%
- Sphere Kuriboh – 2x in 25%• 0x in 50%
• 1x in 13%
• 3x in 13%
automated based on the last few weeks of KoG + tournament decks
- The main way to play the deck is to set up a loop with Asymmetaphys, Metaphys Dimension, Metaphys Daedalus, and Metaphys Nephthys, banishing a card your opponent controls during every Standby Phase.
- Generic protection cards like Sphere Kuriboh, Drowning Mirror Force, Treacherous Trap Hole, and Paleozoic Canadia work well in this deck to keep your Life Points safe since most of your plays happen between the deck and the banish pile.
- Heavy Starter is one of the best skills for the deck, allowing you to run a smaller amount of Metaphys monsters while still opening one to use with Asymmetaphys and Aloof Lupine.
- Metaphys Factor turns off your opponent’s ability to respond to the special summon effects of Daedalus and Nephthys, making them even more valuable when resolved. Additionally, Factor is one of the few ways to get an End Phase banish with Dimension.