Hazy Flame decks are strong for a few reasons: The main monster, Hazy Flame Sphynx, can constantly bring out new monsters to keep your front-row strong; all Hazy Flame monsters are immune from your opponent's targeted effects (Enemy Controller, Gladiator Beast Murmillo, Sylvan Marshalleaf, Massivemorph, etc); the synergy of single-tribute monsters with Soul Exchange means that the deck can thrive against slower decks that do not special summon; and the front-row reinforcements provided by Hazy Flame Sphynx work in perfect tandem with the trap Beast Rising to produce untargetable monsters with huge attack.
Because this deck has been out of the meta for a while, we do not have enough statistics on the deck to generate an up-to-date breakdown. See below for the most recent available decklists.
- When summoning Hazy Flame Cerbereus, it will first ask you if you want to summon without tributing (unless Hazy Glory is active, in which case it will ask you to use Hazy Glory's effect first). If you want to tribute (with Soul Exchange or otherwise), press "No" to this first prompt and then "Yes" to the second. Basically, pay attention when summoning Cerbereus.
- Attack replay cannot occur in the Damage Step. Suppose you have 2x Hazy Flame Sphynx on the field in defense position (after a Windstorm of Etaqua) and Beast Rising set. If you wait until the Damage Step to banish the attack target, your opponent will not be able to choose the remaining monster as the new target and your boosted Hazy Flame Sphynx will be safe.
- Watch for delays after you're prompted about Beast Rising's Damage Step activation to check your opponent's back-row for Mirror Walls.
- Beast Rising's effect can be used immediately when activated. Hazy Glory's second effect must be activated on a chain separate from its activation.
- In any match-up against other Beast- or Beast-Warrior-type monsters, like Gladiator Beast Laquari or Fire King Avatar Yaksha in Phoenix decks, you can steal your opponent's monster with Enemy Controller, swing into something, and then use Beast Rising to banish that monster for your own ATK boost.
- In general, do not overcommit to the field; an extra Hazy in hand while you have an established field presence is a nice safety option in case of something like Lava Golem or Wall of Disruption.
||King Of Games||N/A||Beatdown||HamzaAbdAllah||2019-08-04T05:11:20.216Z|
||King Of Games||N/A||Beatdown||Xyilia||2019-07-27T17:55:08.020Z|
||King Of Games||N/A||Beatdown||Kvirin||2019-07-15T17:30:15.063Z|
||King Of Games||N/A||Beatdown||Goose||2019-04-29T19:59:40.601Z|
||King Of Games||N/A||Beatdown||ASAP||2019-04-23T15:03:43.332Z|