Darklords are a versatile deck of high-level monsters, many of which share the effect to copy the effects of Darklord spell/trap cards in the grave as quick-effects. Most of the Darklord monsters are summoned with Darklord Contact, which can then be copied by the monster summoned to summon another. The most disruptive effect in the deck comes from The Sanctified Darklord, fueling Darklords’ LP while providing multiple monster effect negations. Banishment of the Darklords is a completely generic in-archetype searcher that can be copied, providing incredible consistency in accessing any cards needed to get started (like Darklord Ixchel), for protection (like Darklord Tezcatlipoca), or for spot monster removal (like Darklord Desire). Because Darklords lack inherent ways to deal with backrow, they can struggle with strong battle traps and any floodgates that keep them from using their effects.
Average size: 20 cards
- Darklord Ukoback – 1x in 93%• 0x in 6%
• 2x in 1%
- Cosmic Cyclone – 2x in 76%• 1x in 16%
• 0x in 6%
• 3x in 1%
- Darklord Nasten – 2x in 72%• 3x in 18%
• 1x in 10%
- Darklord Tezcatlipoca – 1x in 69%• 2x in 28%
• 0x in 3%
- Darklord Desire – 1x in 67%• 2x in 31%
• 3x in 1%
- Darklord Morningstar – 1x in 46%• 0x in 54%
- Darklord Amdusc – 1x in 43%• 0x in 54%
• 2x in 3%
- Wall of Disruption – 1x in 21%• 0x in 66%
• 2x in 13%
automated based on the last few weeks of KoG + tournament decks
- The Sanctified Darklord does not target. This is useful in many situations (like against Ancient Gears with a Fortress up), but also means that World Legacy Clash can potentially force you to negate one of your own monsters if they banish their only monster.
- Copying Sanctified's effect to negate the monster copying it will still gain LP and shuffle the card back.
- Darklord Superbia will miss the timing if summoned by a copied Darklord Contact.
- The copied effects of the spell/trap cards are treated as monster effects, meaning that Forbidden Lance will not protect a monster from being negated by a copied Sanctified.
- All of the Darklord copy effects are hard once per turns, and many of the monsters can only be special summoned once per turn. This is especially relevant when reviving multiple monsters with the same name off Contact, or when attempting to special summon monsters with Darklord Morningstar’s effect.