Extra Monster Zones Have Been Added to Duel Links
Published on September 21st, 2022 by
with the 7.0.0 App Update, Extra Monster Zones have been added to Duel Links in Preparation for VRAINS World! With this change also comes some changes to the Pendulum Summoning Mechanic.
- The Extra Monster Zones are located in between players, in front of the left and right-most Monster Zones.
- Players can now Summon their Extra Deck Monsters to the Extra Monster Zone (but they can still Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Summon to Main Monster Zones).
- Each Player can use one Extra Monster Zone to summon their monsters from the Extra Deck to.
- Pendulum Summoning has now changed from "You can Pendulum Summon only one monster from your Extra Deck each turn" to "Monsters Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck are placed in the Extra Monster Zone".
- With the addition of Extra Monster Zones, players will now be able to choose Zone Placement from the "Card Position" setting in the Duel Settings Menu.
- The following cards will have their text updated to comply with the addition of Extra Monster Zones:
- The time added in-between turns for PvP Duels will be increased to 40 Seconds (from 30 Seconds), to accommodate the addition to Link Summoning and Monster Zone Placement.
Are you excited for the Extra Monster Zone? Let us know in the Comments Below!