I'm writing this about ten minutes after milling out Duke's full Level 40 Decklist. They have used Duke's Level 60 decklist from the event as his Level 40 Gate Decklist. This Decklist has several instances of random dice-rolling cards, ranging from Loading... to Loading... , each of which can individually end a farm with ease. Not to mention the random dice-roll cards that were originally in his Level 40 list that could also end runs like Loading... and Loading... .
I personally do not think the amount of RNG required for Duke's Level 40 Gate Deck is ok to ask of anyone trying to farm his drop rewards. Never have I been so frustrated in Konami's decision to use such a decklist for a Gate Legendary Duelist, especially considering that the farmable Legendary Duelists are usually there for people who missed out on the original event, so giving them a much more difficult experience is inexcusable.
Unless some undiscovered AI abuse or strategy comes to light, I will not be recommending that you farm Duke Devlin Level 40, I will be recommending Farm Decks that work for Duke Devlin Level 30 (whose deck is much more reliable to farm) for the time being and will update this article and this disclaimer if and when that occurs.
We have found a relatively consistent Level 40 deck for Duke, but even then a single Loading... can end the farm suboptimally, Overall, I would still recommend farming Level 30, but the current Level 40 Farm Deck is the best that we have.
we're currently looking for more lists so stay tuned!
Duke Devlin Lvl 40: Harpie Farm (credit:
- Summon two copies of Loading... ASAP (don't worry about popping your Loading... , since it can be recycled).
- Use Loading... while summoning Loading... to recycle Loading... (if necessary)
- Attack over his set Monsters every turn.
- Destroy his set Spell / Trap cards every turn by summoning a Harpie Monster and then using Loading... to return the summoned Harpie immediately back to your hand (we do this to avoid clogging the board).
- Set Loading... if you have it and prioritize negating Loading... and Loading... with it (the traps are basically non-existent with Harpies' Hunting Ground).
- Do not negate Loading... . Doing so will clog your board (as you are unable to chain Loading... to Counter Traps). This generally should not post a problem, as can usually thin your deck (he can end the Duel early with it, but this will at most reduce your DA by 1000, provided combo pieces aren't at the bottom of the Deck).
- Thin the deck using Harpie Perfumer to search for Spells (Notably Loading... to summon Loading... 's.
Duke Devlin Lvl 30: Samurai Destroyer
- Activate Labyrinth Builder to Summon Labyrinth Wall, then immediately summon a Level 2 Tuner to go into Loading...
- Duke will not attack Samurai Destroyer, so Turbo Through your Deck with your draw cards
- Attack any set cards with Samurai Destroyer just to avoid Orgoth cheese scenarios as much as possible.
- Make sure you have a set Loading... or Loading... , a Loading... , and some other Tuner in your GY before Last Turn.
- Use Plaguespreader Zombie's GY effect, placing a card on Top of your Deck to Special Summon it.
- Summon Loading... by Banishing an extra Tuner from your GY
- Xyz Summon Loading... in ATK Position with Plaguespreader and Weeping Idol
- Use your set Loading... or Loading... to draw the card placed on top with Plaguespreader (This isn't entirely necessary, just dependent on your Duel Assessment)
- Normal Summon Loading... and use Loading... and Loading... on it.
- Enter Battle Phase, Attack Duke Directly for Victory!
Duke Devlin Lvl 30: Magician Girl Turbo
- Can be run Skill-less. Skills that can be run include LP Boost Alpha (to avoid Loading... OTKs) and Spell Counter Boost
- Your ideal opening is to either summon Loading... (searching Chocolate) or Loading... (Discarding Berry to Draw a card), otherwise you want to attempt to stall with either Loading... or Loading...
- Your Goal is to get 2 Loading... on the field (by using the effects of Berry, Chocolate, and/or Apple) in order to draw through your deck with their effects.
- When applicable, use the redirection effects of your Magician Girls to protect the Chocolate Magician Girls, otherwise draw through your Deck as much as possible with Loading... and Loading... (Make sure you pass each turn with either 2 Chocolate Magician Girl or 1 Chocolate with a Berry in Graveyard and another Chocolate in Deck if possible)
- Note that the final Turn doesn't necessarily need to occur when you're out of cards, if you have the means to Xyz Summon a Rank 4 and Loading... with over 10k ATK, that can make up for any Duel Assesment you would be missing (your mileage may vary, of course).
- If necessary, Xyz Summon Loading... to banish Loading... (If it can't be destroyed by card effects this turn), otherwise summon Loading... (As it's a guaranteed Prismatic, netting you bonus Duel Assessment)
- Activate Loading... to Fusion Summon Loading... with 5 differently-named Spellcasters and use its effect to wipe the Field.
- Activate both Loading... on Quintet
- Enter Battle Phase and Attack Directly for Victory