- The KC Cup is divided into two Stages.
- Stage 1 is available from November 14th until November 24th.
- Stage 2 becomes available for Duelist who reached DLv. 20 which begins November 21st and ends on November 24th.
- Updates from previous KC Cups:
- Your DLv will now increase easier.
- KC Cup card ticket Selection Updated.
- KC Cup related Titles from the previous KC Cup and WCS will temporarily be renamed during the KC Cup.
- Stage 2 of the KC Cup follows an ELO system, with points gained/lost for each win or loss.
- Duels are global and not region only.
- Based on a player’s global ranking at the end of the event, they will receive a certain amount of tickets as well as other rewards.
- The Top 500 players of each region will be eligible to play in the Regional Representative Qualifiers for WCS 2020, and be exempt from the WCS Qualifiers.
- The 1st Place in the Stage 2 Global Ranking will receive an invitation to the Duel Links World Championship!
|1||WCS invitation, KC Cup Top 10 Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10 Title, 6 UR Tickets, 6 SR Tickets, 1000000 Gold|
|2||KC Cup Top 10 Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10 Title, 5 UR Tickets, 5 SR Tickets, 500000 Gold|
|3||KC Cup Top 10 Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10 Title, 4 UR Tickets, 4 SR Tickets, 500000 Gold|
|4-10||KC Cup Top 10 Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10 Title, 3 UR Tickets, 4 SR Tickets, 200000 Gold|
|11-100||KC Cup Top 100 Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 100 Title, 3 UR Tickets, 3 SR Tickets, 200000 Gold|
|101-500||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 500 Title, 2 UR Tickets, 3 SR Tickets, 200000 Gold|
|501-1000||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 1000 Title, 1 UR Ticket, 3 SR Tickets, 200000 Gold|
|1001-2000||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10000 Title, 3 SR Tickets, 3 R Tickets, 200000 Gold|
|2001-5000||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10000 Title, 2 SR Tickets, 3 R Tickets, 160000 Gold|
|5001-10000||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. Top 10000 Title, 2 SR Tickets, 2 R Tickets, 140000 Gold|
|10001-20000||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. 2nd Stage Duelist Title, 1 SR Ticket, 2 R Tickets, 120000 Gold|
|20001-30000||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. 2nd Stage Duelist Title, 1 SR Ticket, 1 R Ticket, 100000 Gold|
|30001-||KC Cup Icon, KCC 2019 Nov. 2nd Stage Duelist Title, 1 SR Ticket, 100000 Gold|
|Last 3 digits were “777”||1 SR Ticket, 50000 Gold|
I think this KC Cup will be overall dominated from Blackwings. If we are looking at the overall population a lot of non-optimized Blackwing builds will be out there simply because this fan-favourite deck is popular amongst the casual playerbase. Together with KaibaCorp Bling Darklords and Ritual Beasts the Top Tier Blackwing builds will have a high chance to perform well. If you want success in this KC Cup I would recommend:
The first 12-18 hours playing something meta that can handle a lot of rouge decks very well. On top of that these decks should be relatively fast to play that you don’t lose a lot of time while winning. In the first 20k points you can scoop with a brick hand to regain these points faster instead of playing a 15+ minute grind game you will probably lose anyway.
Most often after Day 1 the metagame of the KCC developed out a bit. From that point you have basically 2 choices:
A: Play a Top Tier meta deck with some good techs and hope you don’t face only counter cards. An optimized Blackwing deck with Summon Breaker / Necrovalley could be something like that, same as Sealed Tombs Ritual Beasts.
B: Play a counter-deck that is able to hard counter most of the Top Tier Decks. During the KC Cup, September 2019 on the second-day Counter Trap Fesperado turned out to be a very good choice.
For this KC Cup, I would predict a special Amano-Iwato Build or a teched out Elementsaber Invoked build to be the way to go if you wanna counter the meta.
General Advice: Don’t tilt! 10+ losing streaks can happen, as with 10+ winning streaks. As long as you stay calm and focused and don’t misplay too much I would continue if you are confident with your deck. If you have no other option for yourself to change your deck then don’t switch against after a few bricks. Give it at least 20+ duels to really see if it’s working out or not. Hasty decisions can cost you a lot of points and can remove the “flow”. Good Luck!
- The first stage of the KC Cup plays very similar to the ranked ladder.
- Reaching DLV MAX qualifies a player for stage 2 of the KC Cup.
- Gems, tickets, and gold are given to players for each DLV level.
- Your DLv. will begin at the following levels depending on your rank in Season 45 (October) of Ranked Duels:
|Silver Rank||DLv. 3|
|Gold Rank||DLv. 5|
|Platinum Rank||DLv. 7|
|Legend Rank and beyond||DLv. 10|
- Duelists who reached King of Games in October are straight invited to the Stage 2.
|4||10 Skill Chips|
|6||2 SR Jewels|
|8||1 R Ticket (Glossy)|
|11||10 Skill Chips|
|13||2 SR Jewel|
|15||1 SR Ticket (Glossy)|
|17||10 Skill Chips|
|19||1 UR Jewel|
Comment your experience with the KC Cup and your thoughts about the KC Cup!