This KC Cup took place from April 4th - 14th, with the second stage beginning on April 11th
- The first stage of the KC cup plays very similar to the ranked ladder.
- Reaching DLV MAX qualifies a player for stage 2 of the KC Cup.
- Gems, tickets, and gold are given to players for each DLV level.
- Stage 2 of the KC Cup follows an ELO system, with points gained/lost for each win or loss.
- Duels are global and not region only.
- Based on a player’s global ranking at the end of the event, they will receive a certain amount of tickets as well as other rewards.
- The Top 500 players of each region will be eligible to play in the Regional Representative Qualifiers for WCS 2019, and be exempt from the WCS qualifiers.
- Players who reached KOG rank for the 38th season of ranked duels (March) are automatically entered into Stage 2, but can still play in Stage 1 to gain the rewards.
The player achieving the spot of #1 Global after the rankings will receive a WCS 2019 Invitation, allowing them to attend the Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2019.
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championships 2019
- This year's World Championships will be held from August 10th to 11th
- Unlike 2017 and 2018 that were held in Tokyo, 2019's World Championships will be held in Berlin, Germany.
These are the decks used by the duelists placing within the top 100 global ranking in the April 2019 KC Cup
Global Rank: 1 | Regional Rank (Japan): 1
3 glossy Diamond Core
Global Rank: 2 | Regional Rank (Europe): 1
So i started this kc cup really bad, i went back and forth from 0k to 20k the entire day 1 (i tried every meta decks: ag, six, amazones, controll) , i still was 0 k a the end of the day so decided to try stall too and went to 25k/30k with it (1st place global was already 70k), day 2 i just kept playing and reached 70k and then day 3 i went to 100k then i decided to wait last hour to try to reach 2nd place (i was hoping that 1st place global cheated and got banned) then i went to 2nd place last hour but also discovered that 1st place was legit. Rip the dream.
Global Rank: 4
1 prismatic & 2 glossy Diamond Core
Global Rank: 7
Global Rank: 8
My kccup experience was quite nice and i didnt have any Hard loosing Sprees about the whole Weekend. I think my hardest drop was around 8k or 10k points, but i had a lot of Phases in which i simply win/lose 1 game for hours. I got at 50k day 1, Followed by 80k on saturday and finally ended on 100k at sunday night 20 Minutes before the end.
It was a grind fest with six sams but i really enjoyed playing them and didnt have a Single Prisma diamond core to try out kcbling koakis.
Also big shout outs to CwC, my german friends and also every other person Who believed in me to get top10 this time.
I had the same idea as grucius and wanted to get at 105k, but dropped Down to 95k instead one hour before the end and had to fight it back, and After reaching 100k i simply stopped and didnt want to Fool myself.
Global Rank: 11
Global Rank: 18
Global Rank: 30
Global Rank: 32
Global Rank: 54
Global Rank: 58
Global Rank: 61 | Regional Rank (Europe): 8
Meta decks owned: Koaki and Amazoness
Day 1: Played around with st koaki and amazoness staying at around 20k
Day 2: Barely played 10 games so stayed at around 15k
Day 3: Didn't play until last 4 hours when i went from 15k to 62k with this deck, never changed anything. 1 sazank cos i only own 1, 1 cipher cos rest of them are glossy, blinging for 2 glossy diamond cores, ebolas cos i kept facing six sams, no backrow protection cos shi en negating/dual wield end turn, makes double cyclone useless in AG's. I could've done much better if i played more with it cos i was clapping amazoness and AG's consistently and doing very good vs six sams, only lost 4 games during that climb... Played total of 225 games with 63% win rate. I feel the biggest problem is points system cos it sucks...
Global Rank: 62
Day 1 and 2 I started horribly didnt get over 20k. Day 3 I started to make a big push ending on 61.5k. Thanks to 1% and TIP for having faith in me. Also CANCER IS THE ANSWER as usual.
Global Rank: 65
Global Rank: 74
President RNG Jayrabian
Global Rank: 82
I played all kinds of things in beginning and sucked. Then played mostly the stall deck til about 35k ish. The stall deck just completely shut down Six Sams, they were so free.
Then I couldn't do shit from there. So my teammate, Fetty Guap was clapping with AGs, so I got his list and started playing that. Took it all the way to 60k.
More top 100 decks will be added later.
The KC Cup is underway! Comment about your experience so far below! Stay tuned for the Top 100 Global Decks at the end of the tournament!