In this article
- Arkana requires red keys to duel at the gate.
- Unlock him by completing his missions.
- Arkana provides support for the Dark Magician archetype.
Lvl: 40 Labyrinth Builder Farm - credit bmsmota
- Your main focus is Activating Zombie World on the field with Labyrinth Wall (Planet Pathfinder and An Owl of Luck help with this)
- If Arkana summons Dark Magician before you have Zombie World, use Floodgate Trap Hole.
- Activate Shield & Sword
- Special Summon Anteatereatingant
- Summon Gravekeeper's Vassal
- Activate both Union Attack and Secret Pass to the Treasures on Vassal
- Attack directly for 9999+ Damage
Lvl: 40 Elements Unite Farm - credit: Jadehex
- Special summon Gate Guardian
- You should be safe if you draw one of your “flip facedown” cards (Paleozoic Canadia, Floodgate Trap Hole or Ready for Intercepting)
- If Arkana Summons Dark Magician, immediately flip it facedown before he has a chance to use Thousand Knives (you may need your toggle set to “ON” so you can chain Ready for Intercepting or Paleozoic Canadia)
- Ideally you should aim to have 2 “flip facedown” cards at any time to play around Double Summon
- Attack any facedown Dark Magician so he can't flip it faceup next turn but don't attack other Monsters as he'll just draw more cards
- Use your draw cards to finish the Duel quicker
Before Last Turn
- Ensure you have a Paleozoic Canadia in the Graveyard and have either Ready for Intercepting or Jar of Greed/Legacy of Yata-Garasu set (if you have 2 cards in your Deck)
- Activate (if necessary) Last Day of Witch to destroy all of Arkana's Spellcaster Monsters so he can't activate Dark Renewal
- Special Summon Paleozoic Canadia in Attack position by either chaining to Ready for Intercepting, or Jar of Greed/Legacy of Yata-Garasu (activate it when you have one card in your Deck)
- Summon Gravekeeper's Vassal and flip Gate Guardian face up (if you activated Ready for Intercepting)
- Target Vassal with your two Union Attack and Secret Pass to the Treasures
- Enter Battle Phase and swing for victory!
- You can replace one Paleozoic Canadia for Caligo Claw Crow
- Legacy of Yata-Garasu and Jar of Greed can be replaced by other draw cards (filter by “Drawing” in the Card Editor) such as Shard of Greed, Good Goblin Housekeeping etc.
- Unfortunately you can lose if you go second and he has Dark Renewal + Legion the Fiend Jester combo setup but it's unlikely.
If you have a new farm deck or spot a mistake, tell us in the comments below!