In this article
- Event Information
- Drop Rewards
- Event Missions
- Top Player Council Thoughts
- Farming Decks
- Tyranno Hassleberry Lvl 40 Decklist
- Tyranno Hassleberry Lvl 30 Decklist
- Tyranno Hassleberry is here, defeat him to obtain Giant Rex!
- This event takes place from December 18th to December 26th.
- Dueling in Ranked Duels and against Legendary/Standard Duelists or the Vagabond in any Duel World will increase the chance of him appearing.
- Tyranno Hassleberry will only appear in Duel World (GX) - not in 5D’s/DM!
- He will not appear at the gate and the chance of him appearing is not affected by dueling at the gate.
These are his rewards, exactly like we found in the Datamined Leaks!
Complete these missions to get guaranteed rewards!
|Win 1 Duel against Tyranno Hassleberry||Black Veloci|
|Win 3 Duels against Tyranno Hassleberry||Black Stego|
|Win 7 Duels against Tyranno Hassleberry||Volcanic Eruption|
|Play 15 Duels against Tyranno Hassleberry||Giant Rex|
Top Player Council Thoughts
Giant Rex is a great addition to Dinos that has synergy with cards like D.D. Sprite, Gold Sarcophagus, and Evilswarm Salamandra.
Survival of the Fittest has good potential as a 2-monster clear that can be used in the Damage Step. Can be good against Blue-Eyes, Masked HERO Anki, and Vampire Grace under Vampire Kingdom.
Giant Rex gives Dinos a lot of flexibility they didn’t have before. Previously a single Wall of Disruption was devastating but now the deck has a bit of recycling and recovery (through D.D. Sprite especially, followed by a Salamandra banish).
I think Dinos could push to the fringe to Tier 3 after this. The biggest problem this deck has is relying a lot on having the right tech cards at the right time (like Xing Zhen Hu, Paleozoic Canadia, or Sphere Kuriboh). Additionally, Evilswarm Salamandra misses a lot of relevant ATK thresholds: 2150 is below a Kingdom-boosted Samurai Skull/Gozuki, 2450 is below a Kingdom boosted Vampire Grace (or Grimson/Vamp) and ties with Cosmo Brain’s defense, and 2750 can’t clear an Anki or Wiz, Sage Fur Hire.
Lvl: 40 Yubel Farm - credit Jadehex
- Check out this video for a full successful farm with the deck
- Use Sangan to search for either Planet Pathfinder (To search for Fire King Island) and/or Yubel
- If Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare or Yubel - Terror Incarnate is in your opening hand, shuffle them back into the deck using My Name is Yubel
- Using the effect of Fire King Island or Fire King Avatar Yaksha, Destroy Yubel in your hand, using the card’s effects to search Fire King Avatar Yaksha and summon Yubel - Terror Incarnate from the deck
- If Yubel - Terror Incarnate is destroyed, summon Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare (however, this is rarely necessary)
- Once Terror Incarnate is out, keep drawing through your deck by using Sangan, Planet Pathfinder, and Fire King Island.
Note: Make sure to keep at least three Monsters (Ideally high Level Monsters) in your hand for Montage Dragon. You also want to keep a Fire King Island in your hand just in case Hassleberry summons a Token to your side of the field on the last turn. There’s no fear setting cards like Union Attack or Secret Pass to the Treasures
- If You have a Juraegg Token on Your Field, set an extra Fire King Island over your face-up one to clear your monsters before summoning Montage Dragon
- Special Summon Montage Dragon in Attack Position by discarding three (ideally high Level) monsters
- Normal Summon Gravekeeper’s Vassal and use both Union Attack and Secret Pass to the Treasures on it.
- Attack Directly with Vassal (If Hassleberry Summons anything with his Traps, continue to Attack Directly)
- Montage Dragon (and a Planet Pathfinder) can be replaced with The Calculator and either Photon Lead or Double Summon
- Sangan can be replaced with additional Planet Pathfinder or any suitable Draw card. I would reccomend Crystal Seer to help you dig for the pieces you need early or Vortex Trooper as it will draw you cards both before and after Yubel is on the Field.
- You can run this Deck Skill-less (I reccommend Restart or Draw Sense: High-Level if you do choose to run a generic Skill). If you do, you should drop Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare for Planet Pathfinder or some other Draw as it doesn’t serve much of a function without My Name is Yubel
Thumbnail designed and created by Jonesy9027
If you have a unique farm deck, spot a mistake or just want to say something post it in the comments below!